Stanbury Stallionettes Drill Team

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Note From Jen at The Dance Centre:

Dear Dancers,

Thank you so much for your interest in the technique class that I will be teaching on Mondays from 2:30- 4 pm, beginning September 12. Unfortunately our numbers from confirmed registration are not high enough for us to hold this class the way that it is currently set up. I feel so passionate about working with those of you who have the desire and willingness to progress and improve as dancers, so I have decided to allow you to pay per class rather than requiring an upfront monthly tuition for the class. I understand and respect that many of you are on your own to pay for extra classes, and I feel for you! It wasn't long ago that I was there myself.

Here's what I would like to try. I will allow students to take this class as a "drop in" class where you can simply pay for each class when you come. Instead of our $50 monthly tuition for the 1.5 hour class/week, the rate per class will be $10 per class and will be payable to me directly. For those who plan on attending each week, you can purchase a punch card for (4) classes at a time ($40) so that you don't have to bring payment with you every week. Kathie (the studio owner) has been so generous to offer this in the past and has lost a lot of money because of it. I don't want her to suffer for it again, and am willing to take on the risk myself. I really feel passionate about helping the dancers in our community to see past their high school dance goals, and allow them to grow to a place that they may pursue further avenues at a collegiate level if that's what they desire.

I will give this a trial period of 4 weeks. If we don't have consistent enough numbers each week, I will have to drop this class and can integrate any consistent students who would like to continue training into our other technique classes that are offered (likely on Thurs evenings from 4-6 pm).

If you plan on joining us, please fill out the attached release form and have an adult sign it (if the dancer is under 18). Our studio is located at 7087 N Lake Point Road and is a detached building to Kathie's home. It looks like a large garage from the outside. If you need directions or have any questions, please feel free to call me: 801.541.6901.

I really hope that we can make this work. I look forward to working with you beautiful girls!

Jen