Stanbury Stallionettes Drill Team

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Official Changes In Boot Camp

I apologize for all the changes we've had lately. After working out kinks this week, I have the official changes. I believe that these changes will be best for our team and I think the girls will like it!!

Boot Camp, is August 6th and we will be learning Military. (Which I will be choreographing.) This means that we will hold our auditions for this piece on Friday, August 5th. The practice on Friday will be held from 6-8:30. You will learn a portion of the military piece and at the end of practice will be auditioning.

Boot Camp September 9th and 10th you will be learning our Character routine and our Dance routine. Trevor, who we are flying in from California, will now be choreographing both of these pieces. He is a fantastic contemporary, stylized Jazz choreographer so I can't WAIT to see what he does! This is his forte and I feel so much better about him choreographing both of these pieces. (We will get the best!)

We will NO LONGER be doing kick this year. I am pretty sure that kick will be mandatory next year, so we will save our costumes, music, ideas for next year.

Lastly, we will now be doing HIP HOP for competition! (I know you girls are so excited!) AND, to make it better, we are hiring Marc from Extravadance to choreograph it. He is from England, has been in the U.S. for 6 months, and is a world renowned hip hop choreographer! (So he is incredible!) Also, we have first dibs on him- we will be his very first Drill Team. (Thanks Chantal!) I do not have the dates yet for when he's coming, but plan on sometime in September or early October. I will try to get this finalized soon so we can get on the calendar.

I am so excited for the professional choreographers we are hiring; Trevor and Marc are amazing. (We are going to rock this year!) Also, military is probably my strongest forte, so everything is finally falling into place. By making these changes, we will have the best in every area, and we will have different choreographers making it so we get different styles.

Again, I apologize all the changes- we just want to do what is best for the team, and now I finally feel we are. Thanks so much!!

P.S. Please welcome Gabby back to our team- we are excited to have you back!